About this service
Stemming from the very latest advances in neuroscience, Origin Wellness' Neurofeedback is one of a kind and will be greatly appreciated for its simplicity and playfulness. Neurofeedback was first developed for use in people with certain mood disorders (i.e. depression, anxiety, etc.), as a complement to psychotherapy. It is now widely used in the field of wellness and has also shown its effectiveness in supporting business leaders, athletes, and artists in particular.
The concept is simple: it is possible, under certain conditions, to change oneself in order to achieve better well-being. This is what the all new science of mental behavior and wellness reveals to us. It only requires a little help and that a few conditions are met. Based on information theory, Origin Wellness' non-invasive neurofeedback can help you achieve greater well-being.
Our brain is the true conductor of our inner life. It helps us communicate effectively and interact with the world around us. Our brain has its own rhythms and needs, and we demand a lot from it every day, since our lives are busy and increasingly stressful--physically, emotionally, and socially. This is why our brain will greatly appreciate Neurofeedback. This non-invasive technique promotes better balance in brain function, which is indispensable for us to change our behavior. It also makes it easier to adapt to all the challenges of life, to ease tensions, and to find a new balance in a constantly changing world.
The system is simple:
- Small sensors are placed on the person's head and connected to a specialized computer.
- The system measures brain waves and sets certain targets in a specific region over a certain duration of time in order to encourage or inhibit certain brain waves.
- With training and practice, the brain learns or relearns the path to better mental fitness, and you can observe this progress in your daily life.
The Benefits of Neurofeedback
Neurofeedback is effective for:
- Training and strengthening memory, attention, creativity, and decision-making.
- Supporting good brain function during aging
- Improving mood, supporting the nervous system to alleviate certain aspects of depression, anxiety, OCD, attention deficit disorder/hyperactivity.
Preparing for the Service
As with all of our services, we recommend drinking plenty of water both before and after the session, especially since we often forget to drink adequate amounts of high-quality water.
We recommend wearing comfortable, loose-fitting clothing to make sure you are as comfortable as possible during the session.
We request that you do not use this equipment if you have one of the following contraindicated conditions. Risks are not limited to the following so please consult your physician if in any doubt:
- Uncontrolled seizures
- Severe psychiatric illness (for example psychosis)