About this service
At Origin Wellness we have two different services that use far infrared radiation to help promote circulation and detoxification: Infrared Sauna and Far-Infrared Mat. The benefits of specific far infrared waves can be seen in their effects: relaxed muscles, boost in general metabolism, detoxification at the cellular level, and the reduction of fatty deposits, which helps sculpt the body.Far infrared treatments are also ideal for athletes, after an intense day at work, or in conjunction with the work of various therapists (doctor, physiotherapist, osteopath, naturopath, nutritionist, massage therapist, fascia therapist, etc.). They are also highly recommended as accompaniments to weight loss programs.
Far infrared is renowned for its vital actions. It is generated inside mattresses by a weak electric current inducing far infrared radiation from tiny crystals. The wavelength emitted in our systems is between 4 and 12 microns, easily absorbed by the human body, which is thus very delicately stimulated from within in contrast to a traditional steam sauna. The radiation produced by the far infrared mattress does not include ultra-violet radiation, and the risks of overexposure are eliminated due to the precise digital control of time and temperature, with the system automatically shutting off at the end of the session.
The far infrared radiation is generated by amethyst crystals, at a temperature around 45˚C/113˚F up to 70˚C/158˚F. In contrast to our personal Infrared Sauna, you will typically not sweat during a session on the Far-Infrared Mat. However, you will feel very pleasantly warm leading to a deep, full-body relaxation. The Far-Infrared Mat is also remarkable for reducing fatigue and certain types of pain like general pains and aches in muscles and joints. The Far-Infrared Mat is highly recommended for promoting detoxification, relieving joint pain, and for improving circulation. The Far-Infrared Mat's unique therapeutic properties are based on Nobel prize-winning research into ionic channels and the same infrared technology that NASA identified as the safest and most beneficial type of light wave. By producing deep-penetrating, far infrared rays along with negative ions that activate the body at the molecular level, the Far-Infrared Mat is capable of administering deep soothing experience.
The benefits of the Far-Infrared Mat include the following:
- Helps in muscle relaxation and soothes pain in inflamed muscles
- Supports tendons and muscle and joint flexibility
- Helps in detoxification and improved functioning **
- Helps improve blood circulation in areas it is applied
- Due to the effects mentioned above, far infrared is recommended to help tissue regeneration **
- An overall relaxing effect on the body, helping to reduce stress
- Helps improve sleep (if associated with pain relief)
- Ideal for sports and after an intense day at work
- Temporary increase of local circulation where applied
- Ideal to accompany sessions with various therapists (medical doctor, physiotherapist, osteopath, naturopath, nutritionist, massage therapist, fascia therapist, etc.)
** Recommended to support weight loss programs
Preparing for the Service
As with all of our services, we recommend drinking plenty of water both before and after the session to help with the elimination of toxins. High quality water is provided at Origin Wellness.
We recommend wearing loose-fitting comfy clothes, but most clothing would be acceptable for the Far-Infrared Mat.
Take off all rings, watches and other jewelry.
Please leave your cell phone, change, keys, etc. in the provided lockers or at home.
We request that you do not use this equipment if you have one of the following contraindicated conditions. Risks are not limited to the following so please consult your physician if in any doubt:
- Burns/skin damage
- Acute fever/illness
- Tumor/newly diagnosed untreated cancer
- Organ transplant
Use with caution:
- Surgical implants (Silicon, Prosthesis etc.)
- Heart problems
- Addison's disease (hypocortisolism)
- Multiple sclerosis
- Bypass surgery
- Unstable Diabetes Mellitus
- Unstable Hypertension
- Chemotherapy (Within 6 Months)